Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Learning to be honest with myself.

I just finished reading the book Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. For the second time.
I don't know how long it's been since the last time I read it, but this time it really home for some reason. Not the exact scenarios the characters dealt with, but the way in which the main character Annabelle dealt with her feelings.
She kept them inside. Always substituting place holders and short phrases like "I'm ok" with the truth. I've come to realize that I do this more than I would like to admit. It's hard. I honestly have a hard time believing that I have one person that I can go to and tell anything, I do not think that at this very moment in my life I have that kind of support. I would love to have someone like that, but the reality of the matter is that right now I just need to be honest with myself and be my own support system.
I guess the one thing I want right now is just someone to run to.
Is that too much to ask for?

0 comments: